Friday, October 30, 2015

RESPECT



Respect

Have you ever had something really get under your skin? Where you feel like speaking out, but decide to hold it in, knowing only one in ten will understand, especially at a time when being politically correct rules the day.
Well, too bad. I can’t hold it in any longer.
A few days ago, I received a video on face book. I’m sure by now most people have seen it or read about it. It’s the one where the cop removes the sixteen-year-old girl from her school desk.
    My first thought was, “lack of respect for authority.” The video I watched didn’t have sound so I had to assume a lot. My second thought was, in every case that comes to mind, each death by a policeman was the result of disrespect of authority. Failure to comply to the orders from the police. My next thought was why a child would be so defiant. I’m assuming now, but common sense tells me the police officer was trying to get the girl to leave the classroom in order to interrogate her. To question her before the other students would show no class. When she wouldn’t move, he used force to remove her. Then the oldest trick in the book, collapse your legs and let him drag you. It’ll look great on video. She played her part well.
The police officer is now without a career. I feel sorry for him and his family. It’s very sad when we chastise the corrections officers, and make heroes out of the offenders.       
You might think that I’m assuming an awful lot. Go ahead you’re still free to do that. Before the video was finished, I was reminded of what my daughter told me when she was teaching the second grade. She told one of the girls in her class to do something, and the girl replied, “My momma said, I don’t have to do anything a ..'Whitie' tells me.”
Isn’t that a grand way to teach your child racism? Yes, you can be sure, it is, carefully taught. You talk about cruelty. What is crueler than destroying your own child’s mind?
It’s too bad that the same effort isn’t put toward teaching respect, Respect your parents, respect your elders, and respect authority.
How many lives would be spared, if only we taught that one precept?

You may leave a comment. I respect your right to your own opinion; however, I do not answer them.

2 comments:

WMiddleton said...

What you didn't see on one of the videos (obviously the one you saw) is that the teen "slapped" the police officer on the side of his head, before he turned the desk over to pull her out.

I'm glad I'm not a police officer, but in the face of a request by the teacher to leave and then the police officer to leave and a clear act of resisting the tugging by the police officer to leave to then have her hit me beside the head, I'd have been tempted to punch her.

Clearly wrong action by the teen.

Sad, Sad situation the police officer found himself in. Totally unfair!

The child should have been expelled completely and forever from that school and any in the county until she had SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED a training class on behavioural disorder.

Bryan B. Cox said...

Children are a reflection of their parents. I thank God I had good strict parents.